In 1951 Archbishop Duhig purchased ‘Murrumba Homestead’ from the Petrie family with the intention of one day building a church and school.
Fr tom Guy was appointed Parish Priest of Aspley / Zillmere this also included Bald Hills where the parishioners would travel each Sunday to mass. Fr Guy saw the need for a Church to be built at Petrie and would travel every second Sunday to say mass in Bray Hall. Which became a weekly event over time and the plans started.
In 1963 as the building of the school had not commenced Fr Guy purchased a small house from Aspley and moved it to Petrie site, and was to be used as a temporary classroom. The Holy Spirit nuns from Aspley would travel daily to the school.
The first church/school building was blessed and opened by Archbishop Duhig in September 1964 and on 15 November 1964 Fr Guy announced the formation of Our Lady of the Way Parish, which comprised of Petrie, Bald Hills and Dayboro. The first parish priest was Fr Richard Wilson.
Fr Richard Wilson 1964 – 1968
Fr Denis Long 1968 – 1979
Fr Leo Skelly 1979 – 1989
Fr John Manthy 1989 – 1993
Fr Peter McCartin 1993 – 2013
Fr Dave O’Connor 2013 – 2014
Fr Johnbosco Chima Ofor 2014 – 2017
Fr Geoffrey Agu 2018 – 2020
Fr Geo Francis MCBS 2020 – present
Fr Brian Moynihan
Fr Leo Simmonis
Fr Martin Kenny
Fr Conn Busser
Fr Paul Byrne